A story of family:
Built in 1551 by the Rozereau family, the Château de Melin was later bought by Brunet Monthelie, who in the late XVIIth century expanded the Château notably by building a second edifice opposite the first, flanked by wings set at right angles thus connecting the two buildings. The three rectangular buildings, each featuring a tower stairwell, create a “horseshoe” shape surrounding the square courtyard.
It was in 1999 that the property was acquired by its present owners, Hélène and Arnaud Derats, who undertook the complete restoration of the Château. During this same period, they acquired the family winery, which includes 22 hectares of vineyards located in Cotes de Beaune and Cotes de Nuits Regions