The story began back in 1923 under the leadership of Abbé Balitrand, a number of winemakers decided to join forces to better with stand the economic difficulties of the time. Together, in the heart of the
Chablis vineyard in Burgundy, they created a cooperative winery to market their wines.
Until the mid 1950s, the members of the cooperative delivered their production to La Chablisienne, which was then responsible for creating the assemblages and for sales, mainly to wholesalers. However, La Chablisienne wanted to go much further and create a style of its own. So it was decided that the harvest would be delivered in the form of must, a particularity that has become the trademark of the house and gives it total control over the winemaking processes