In the heart of the vineyards, 12 km southwest of Beaune, the tall slate roof towers of the Château overlook the hamlet bearing the same name: Melin.
Built in 1551 by the Rozereau family, the Château de Melin was later bought by Brunet Monthelie, who in the late XVIIth Century expanded the Château notably by building a second edifice opposite the first, flanked by wings set at right angles thus connecting the two buildings. The three rectangular buildings, each featuring a tower stairwell, create a “horseshoe” shape surrounding the square courtyard.
In 1960, the Parish of Aubervilliers became the owner of the Château and Father Castle Lecoeur revived the premises every summer as a holiday camp for approximately a hundred children with sports and activities.It was in 1999 that the property was acquired by its present owners, Hélène and Arnaud Derats, who undertook the complete restoration of the Château. During this same period, they acquired the family winery, which includes 22 hectares of vineyards located in Côtes de Beaune and Côtes de Nuit regions.